"God has shown you, O mortal, what is good.
And what does the Lord require of you
but to do justly, love mercy
and walk humbly with your God." - Micah 6:8
On the Second Saturday of the month, our church delivers and serves a meal for about 125 less fortunate people at the Loaves and Fishes Soup Kitchen at South Congregational Church in Springfield, MA. A team meets at our church around 11:15 am and leaves by 11:30. They return to our church by 1:00 pm.
Who can participate - Everyone is welcome, this is a great family activity or maybe you know of another group that might want to share this experience too (scouts, clubs, friends, even families in your neighborhood). This is what changes lives - both yours and theirs.
Pizza, cupcakes and bananas - A Special thank you to Big Y for our discount on the 9 large pizzas. Bananas are bought at Costco about 16 bunches, and the cupcakes (6 dozen) are home-made and we are always looking for bakers. Please join, it can be a life changing experience.
The meal is funded by our missions committee. Reimbursements with receipts for around $100 can be obtained through benevolence treasurer, Howard Beal. Volunteer instructions can be found here.
If you would like to participate, please contact the church office @ 860-668-1661
DRIVING DIRECTIONS FROM THE SUFFIELD / ENFIELD AREA:
- Take I-91 north about 7 miles to Exit 4 (in Massachusetts)
- Merge onto East Columbus Ave and go 0.5 miles.
- Turn right on Union Street and go 0.4 miles up a hill.
- Turn Left on Maple Street.
- South Congregational Church will be in about 0.1 mile on the right with a rainbow flag out front: 45 Maple Street, Springfield, MA (413) 732-0117
- Enter the driveway on the left side of the building and park in back. Please go in the back door to the kitchen. Loaves and Fishes staff will meet you there.
100 North Main Street Suffield, CT 06078